Sunday 17 April 2011

International Cultural Exchange Programme!!!!!

It all started with me being selected to be the emcee. Thanks to the club I'm in, opportunity really comes at a very random occasion.

This programme happened back before my 3rd semester starts, which is during February 14th to the 18th.
I was really delighted when I got to know that I was the emcee for this event as it seemed fun by just reading through their itinery for the week.

And yes, please don't be disturbed by me not having the time to blog about this, NOW is ME time :D Weeeee

I was actually supposed to come for a day only, but who knows, my mouth is so big and my eagerness to join is so strong, I just asked the PIC, which is also my dear club mentor whether I can join into the crew.

AND YES, I CAN!!!!!!! :)
I wanna thank the two of them, Ronson and Sze Ling for letting me have this opportunity to make international friends!!!!
Taylor's University is welcoming people from China, Indonesia and Phillipinnes this time round!!!

Opening ceremony emcee-ing session.
With Baju Kurung and all, dressed up for the occasion.
:D


And some privilege for us?
BEING THE VERY FIRST BATCH OF PEOPLE TO STAY AT OUR VERY OWN CAMPUS HOTEL FOR A WEEK AND FOR FREE.

:D


Queensize bedroom



The basin is just next to the bed. Which is errrr.... Funny?

Flat screen weihhh :)
I really feel like making this my Hostel now if so happen I am staying in the hostel.

SUPER tiny bathroom with doors that couldn't be locked.
:P


Because the heater at my toilet's room couldn't work, the hotel manager actually opened our twin bedroom's door for us to use the toilet at the next room.
Funny thing is that, the air-con for the other room is not working.
So I have two rooms FOR THE WEEK :)

Double singles bedroom.
This room was actually for the China guys.
But the air-con ain't working, so TOO BAD we couldn't have fun playing in the rooms.
:( 


Wasehhhhh :)
Play music whenever you want weihh.

See what I mean??? 
You couldn't lock your doors!!!


First day getting to know each other.
Ice breaking session 1.

HAHAHHAHA
Diner date on Valentines day yo??

Visiting the palace.

The National Monument as well.

Awesome shot larrrr :)

Taking some courage to say Hi to a girl he likes.....

And yes, being forced by me in the end.
Dustin. HAHAHAHAH you regret for not saying Hi don't you??
:)

The Phillipino lecturer.
So funny!!!

And our dear Irwan who cooperates with him.



Homestay Orchard Visiting.

This Kakak cooks AWESOME FOOD.
OMG her Ikan kicap is still on my tastebud!!!!!
:D
*slurrpppppsss*

We did some Handicrafts yo!!!

Wedding night before we leave!
Bridegroom Sean (China) and Bride Bianca (Philippines).
Two bridesmaid - Risa (Indonesia) and Daniel (Malaysia).
That's like the best memory ever thouuu!
:D

And there goes the presentation time for each countries.

And people from the Philippines gave us some of their local speciality.
It's so special you know?
It forms the sound of the rain.
Weeee :)


I was told to become the emcee again for the last night of dinner before they depart.



Wanna know a random fact?
The cheongsam is not mine!!! HAHHAHA.
It actually belonged to my dear Ms Sze Ling who had a hard time wearing it.
And then we switched our cultural costumes for that night.
OMG she's so much like my sister laaa :D
Love her so much <3 
Final group photo of us.


It's really sad to say goodbye to them.
They are one bunch of vibrant people that I would be willing to play with for the rest of my life.

I learned so many things from them, be it their language, their traditions, their food or even their stories.
It's so fun knowing them.
I am looking forward for the next to come.

It's good that the lecturer from Philippines actually created a FB group for us to communicate and catch up with each other. We are still together yo!!!!

And people, I MISS YOU GUYS SO BADLY LAAAAAAA.



P.S Photo credits to Keith, Risa, Honey :)

No comments: