Friday 2 September 2011

The land of AnYongs and Haseyo

There are too many things to talk about my trip back in Korea that happened few weeks back.
If I were to mention every single part about it, I'm afraid I need a FEW HUNDREDS of posts.
I guess I can only do the best that I can then :)

Summer Cultural Experience Program (SCEP) 2011, at Kyungsung University Busan, Korea.
Definitely an eye-opening experience that I'll never regret getting myself involved into.
We have 7 nations this time, Malaysia, China, Japan, Spain, Turkey, Kazakhstan and also USA.

Although I have a mixture of feelings when asked of how was the experience back there, I will definitely visit the country again in future.
It is just a place with a very very very very rich culture and I really want to learn all of their culture there.
Also, not to forget, the AWESOME people I meet there.
I will want to visit those people back there again.

Below will be pictures of me with the happenings. I won't be arranging it according to chronological order as there are just, waliaoeh too many scattered pictures all around.
So descriptions and reflections will be under the picture itself.

And beware, this is a LONG POST :P


This is me with a picture of the Korean Traditional Food Making class in one of their culinary art school. It's called the Bibimbap that we're making. Just a few simple steps and you can cook yourself a meal. HOW COOL IS THAT? And I thought my cooking skills suck MAX. HAHAH :P


LOL me exploring some toilet paper with wordings on it.
Okay I'm exaggerating the normal expression but seriously, it was my first friggin time seeing toilet paper with printings on it!!!!
And it's with Chinese Wordings!!! :P


First time in my life experiencing nudity in public. Of course, I went nude too. It was required by all people who wants to get to the SPA LAND.

In Korea, their SPA is known as ChimChilBang. That's where they go to rooms with certain temperature to have all their SWEAT out.

Really really AWESOME experience to get to know of all these. Some of the rooms have temperature as hot as being able to cook an egg inside. Thus, they eat eggs whenever they go to the spa :)


My buddy that stayed in the same room for 3 weeks.
A lot of ups and downs and misunderstandings.
Luckily we resolved most of the issues back then.
Hope we're awesome buddies forever!! :)
I love your mom, she's so cute!!!! :D

Some jump shots taken at Taejongdae Island and this is by far the best!
With the levels of high, medium and low :D
YEEEEHAAAA!!!
Group photos failed miserably. HAHAHAHA XD So no point showing it.
Taejongdae Tower, according to the Koreans, are the place whereby many Koreans commit suicide, so therefore, it was also known as the "suicide tower."


How does Taejongdae looks like? Well, this is what I meant. We have to take a boat there and I got sea sick because of the waves. It is SUPER STRONG and I almost puke towards the end. My head is SUPER DUPER DIZZY after the ride.



I did a ceramic dog bowl for my dog during the ceramic jar making class.

AWESOME MUCH?
LOL but it wasn't really used.
It resolved to being a display item at home now :P
Making the jar ain't as easy as you think, which is just molding the shapes out from the wet ceramic base. After molding the shapes, we have to cover up the holes of the mold by using our fingers in order to avoid the ceramic jar from bursting when the jar was being brought into the heat to bake.
I took about 2 hours to finish that dog bowl.


Went for Military Training too!!!! It wasn't that suffering as expected.
We ended up having fun in the sea!!! Okay you can minus the fun part when we wear the army uniform. It sucked max LOL. Look at the picture and you'll understand why :P
We did rafting!!! :) Group effort was much emphasized actually as we have to carry the float from land to sea and also move the rafts at the same time with a sequence, after that we have to consider of team mates being attacked my other boats. HAHAHA FUN FUN FUN!!! :P


This is my first ever experience watching a baseball match as we don't have Baseball this sport in Malaysia. It was really really good and I never regret getting tanned under the hot sun and also watching the match and cheering together with the Koreans there.
That match was between Seoul's Bear and Busan's Giant.


LOL I know you can't see any people from here. This picture was taken from the top of the audience. So understood la har :P
Just look at the crowd. It was a local match and if you compare this to Malaysian's soccer team's match respond...... errrrrr LOL you know what I mean la har :P



I also did Taekwondo sessions too. Actually with me being a frequent Taekwondo player, attending that session was more like a sharing session. They are teaching us things that I already know. So I just follow and stuff only la. Not really wanting to tell them that I have a Taekwondo background :P I had fun taking funny funny pictures with them instead.



HAEUNDAE BEACH IS REALLY REALLY REALLY AWESOMEEE!!!!
Yes I mean it. Despite the burning hot weather, the water was really refreshing. I didn't know that until I went down to try it out.
And I was SUPER disappointed to not have my swim wear there. I ordered my clothes online but it couldn't reach on time. SIGHHH :(
It ended up with me having all those singlets and shorts instead. ISSSHHH
Seriously I want to get back there. I finally understand why is the beach so crowded now :)


I had Korean language classes too. Although not to the extend whereby I can speak fluently, but at least I know how to read simple characters of the words already. Felt good about that and I actually even bought a pictionary back to further learn the language.
Hope I'll do good in the language :D



Met a SUPER DUPER NICE friend who accompanied and comforted me through the darkest time when I was there. :) 
Really really loved her. <3 
Her name is Jane.
She speaks SUPER DUPER good Enligh accent. 
Thanks to Sophia who introduced her best friend to me :)


Of course, not to forget. Some AWESOME friends that I knew beforehand in Malaysia before I head to Korea. And they are the world's MOST HOSPITABLE PEOPLE I tell you.
From back, the guy's name is James and next to him was Sophia.
They came to Taylor's for our International Cultural Experience Program back in July. 


Did some dancing as well during the closing ceremony :) Basically I was taking the lead la LOL so you can see that I am more enthusiastic inside there. :P We danced Wonder Girls' Nobody :)


Visited Samsung Renault Car Factory too :)
Can't bring our Cameras inside the factory so we can only take pictures in their gallery :P


Free hugs with statues along the street. It's pretty interesting actually :)

There are much more for eg bulls, photographers, film makers etc.
Didn't manage to take them all.
Waste my photo memory only :P
LOL AHAHAHA.

Lotte Departmental Store :)
They have a skygarden, something like what 1U has too.
But MORE BETTER 
:P


Souvenirs given from International People :)
They are a bunch of REALLY NICE PEOPLE man I tell you.


Some drinks worth trying. It was REALLY REALLY GOOD :)
Recommended by Sophia :)


It was just, FOR FUN LOL.



I want to have this!!!!! BUT SO SAD IT'S TOO BIG TO HAVE IT IN MY LUGGAGE :(
Can Malaysia come out with this too?? OMG OMG OMGGGGGGG!!!!
For those who can't figure out what is that, it's actually toilet papers.


The summer season favorite dessert!!! Pap bing sul. 
It was Korean Ice Kacang I can say, just that they add Ice Cream, Red bean paste, fruits, rice cakes.
They don't have coconut milk like ours, and also those condensed milk and rose syrup and stuffs. The only thing the same is ICE :P
But our ICE is smoother and easier to be eaten la :P

Well I guess what I wanted to explain has come to an end. And there are just many many many MANY stories to tell. I can't fit them into this small little compartment here in a blog post. So if you want to know more about it, TALK TO ME IN PERSON.

Or view the photo albums in my FB profile :) Get the juice out of me man :P

I seriously hope that I can go for another one in future.
Hope I have the luck!!!!

Signing off.


2 comments:

RwN said...

ai love yur elmo shirt

MaggieMTMT said...

HAHAHAHA I love that too :) LOLOLOLOL :)Get it from Urban tees :) not very expensive